Delicious, healthy, high in fiber, gluten-free and vegan, spinach and mushroom quinoa is an all in one meal. It is easy to put together, makes use of easily available ingredients and is very high in flavour. Quinoa is considered as a super healthy food and a better alternative to rice. It also has a nutty texture and can be prepared to suit any kind of taste. Prepared like a stir-fried dish, spinach gives the dish a nice flavour, while the meaty texture of mushrooms completes this nutrient rich dish perfectly. Add just a hint of salt and fresh pepper if needed.
- Olive oil – 3 tbsp
- Garlic – 1 tsp ( Chopped )
- Onion – 1/2 cup ( Chopped )
- Mushroom – 100 g ( Sliced )
- Quinoa – 1 cup
- Vegetable stock – 2 cups
- Spinach – 1 cup ( Chopped )
- Lemon juice – 1 tbsp
- Wash the quinoa and soak in enough water for 30 minutes.
- Heat olive oil in a pan.
- Once the oil is hot, add garlic and fry for a few seconds.
- Add onion and fry for a minute.
- Add mushroom and fry on high heat until nicely browned.
- Drain the quinoa and add it in the pan.
- Add vegetable stock and cover and cook on low heat until all the water is absorbed and quinoa is softened.
- Add spinach and lemon juice and give a gentle mix.
- Cook for another minute.
- Serve hot as a side.