Health Library Online Privacy Notice Updated November 2016 This Online Privacy Notice (“Notice”) describes how Health Library and its affiliates (“Health Library”, “us”, “our” or “we”) collects, uses and shares information from or about you through any online interface (e.g., Website or mobile application) owned and controlled by us (the “Site”, meaning singularly, jointly and severally, any Website or Websites). We will use and share any information that we collect from or about you in accordance with the Health Library Privacy Notice (above), which provides choices in the use and sharing of information. When using any of our Sites, you agree to the terms and conditions of this Notice.
INFORMATION COLLECTION AND USE
Personal Information We Collect Online “Personal Information” means personally identifiable information such as information you provide, or that others provide to us on your behalf, via forms, surveys, applications or other online fields including but not limited to name, postal or email addresses, telephone, fax or mobile numbers.
How We Use Personal Information
We may use Personal Information to:
- Respond to your inquiries and fulfill your requests;
- Send you important information regarding the site, changes to our terms, conditions, and policies and/or other administrative information;
- Send you marketing communications that we believe may be of interest to you;
- Personalize your experience on the site;
- Allow you to participate in surveys, contests and similar promotions and to administer these activities. Some of these activities have additional rules, which could contain additional information about how we use and disclose Personal Information;
- Analyze data for our business purposes, such as audits, medical records, enhancing the Site, improving our services, identifying usage trends and determining the effectiveness of our promotional campaigns; or
- Control risk, to comply with laws and regulations and to comply with other legal process and law enforcement requirements.
Other Information We Collect Online
“Other Information” is any information other than Personal Information that does not reveal your specific identity or does not directly relate to an individual, such as:
- Information collected through cookies, pixel tags and other technologies
- Demographic information and other information provided by you such as your date of birth; or
- Aggregated and De-identified Data
How we protect your personal information
To protect your personal information from unauthorized access and use, we use security measures that comply with Indian law. These measures include computer safeguards, Data and Database Encrypting, and secured files and buildings.
How We Collect and Use Other Information
We and our third-party service providers, if any, may record, collect and use Other Information in a variety of ways, including:
- Through your browser: Certain information is collected by most browsers, such as your Media Access Control (MAC) address, device type, screen resolution, operating system version and Internet browser type and version. We use this information to ensure that the Site functions properly and for security purposes.
You can refuse to accept these cookies and most devices and browsers offer their own privacy settings for cookies. You will need to manage your cookie settings for each device and browser you use. However, if you do not accept these cookies, you may experience some inconvenience in your use of the Site.
- Use of an analytics and optimization service that tracks and analyzes activity on the Site. We use the information for security purposes, to facilitate navigation, to display information more effectively, to continually improve the design and functionality and to understand how people use the Site.
- Use of pixel tags, web beacons, clear GIFs or other technologies: These may be used in connection with some Site pages and HTML-formatted email messages to measure the effectiveness of our communications, the success of our marketing campaigns, compile statistics about usage and response rates and to assist us in resolving customers’ questions regarding use of the Site.
- IP Address: Your IP Address is a number that is automatically assigned to the device that you are using by your Internet Service Provider. An IP Address is identified and logged automatically in our server log files whenever a user visits the Site, along with the time of the visit and the page(s) that were visited. Collecting IP Addresses is standard practice on the Internet and is done automatically by many websites. We use IP Addresses for purposes such as calculating Site usage levels, helping diagnose server problems and administering the Site.
- Aggregated and De-identified Data: “Aggregated and De-identified Data” is data we may create or compile from various sources, including mouse clicks and movements, scrolling activity and text you type into the Site. This information is used for business purposes, which may include offering products or services, research, marketing or analyzing market trends and other purposes consistent with applicable laws.
Social Media Sites
If required by law, we may provide any and all information we have about you to law enforcement or other government agencies, pursuant to a subpoena, warrant or other order by a court of competent jurisdiction. Where required by applicable law, we will require written documentation of the request, proof of the identity of the law enforcement official making the request, and we will take steps to authenticate the validity of the request. Any law enforcement or government agency request submitted with less than a court-issued order will be evaluated on a case-by-case basis according to the need and urgency, as well as the particular law enforcement agency making the request.
The Site may contain links to other websites. Please be aware that we are not responsible for the content or privacy practices of other websites to which we link. You should also be aware that, when you voluntarily disclose personal information in public forums, such information may be collected by others and may result in receiving unsolicited messages. We strongly encourage you to be aware that when you leave our Site you should read the privacy statements of each and every website that collects personally identifiable information.
To maintain the accuracy of the Personal Data, as well as to prevent unauthorized access and ensure the correct use of Personal Data, we have implemented appropriate physical, technical, and administrative measures to safeguard and secure the Personal Data we collect.
We use Secure Socket Layer (SSL) protocol—an industry standard for encryption over the Internet—to protect in transmission the Personal Data we collect online. When you type in sensitive information, it will be automatically converted into codes before being securely dispatched over the Internet. All electronic Personal Data that we maintain in DB is securely stored and further protected through our use of appropriate access controls.
In addition, to better protect certain Personal Data, some areas of the website channels are inaccessible unless you supply individually identifiable and verifiable information,
As stated above, in some instances we may entrust Personal Data to third party service providers (including service providers outside of your jurisdiction) upon your acceptance, binding them to protect the security of Personal Data and only to use it for the purposes we specify.
Choice / Opt-Out
From time to time, we may send you e-mail, e-mail newsletters or Site news updates alerting you to new features, products, promotions or services pertaining to the Site. If you no longer wish to receive these materials from us you may opt-out of receiving them. We will gladly comply with your requests for removal. Opt Out Procedure: In compliance with the Can-Spam Act, on each marketing email transmitted by the Site, there are instructions for opting out of receiving future emails. Such instructions may include, without limitation: (a) clicking a link on the email which sends a reply to the sender’s server instructing the server of the sender’s desire to opt out of future emails, or (b) instructions for mailing a written request to be removed from future emails. All requests to opt out of future emails will be respected.
UPDATES TO THIS ONLINE PRIVACY NOTICE
In the future, we may need to change this Online Privacy Notice or the Health Library Consumer Privacy Notice. Please review it periodically. All changes will be made here so that you will always know what information we gather, how we might use that information and whether we may share it with anyone. Any change to a Privacy Notice will become effective when we post the revised Notice on the Site. Your use of the Site following these revisions acknowledges your receipt of the revision and your agreement to and acceptance of the revised Privacy Notice.