Roasted Cauliflower Soup is a healthy soup loaded with Vitamin C. One serving provides the daily dose of vitamins and antioxidants. Cauliflower is low in calories and has very low levels of carbs and sugar. It is high in fiber. Hence it is ideal for weight loss. Cauliflower is ideal of diabetic people too.
Prep. Time: 30 Minutes
For roasting cauliflower:
- 1 medium sized cauliflower, chopped into florets
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 medium sized onion, chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoon black pepper powder
- 1 teaspoon cornflour
- 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Salt to taste
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup vegetable stock/water
- Chopped parsley to garnish
- Take a mixing bowl and add cauliflower florets. Add olive oil and garlic powder and mix.
- Line the baking tray with aluminum foil and evenly spread the cauliflower florets and bake at 200C for 15 minutes or until the florets appear brownish.
- Heat a kadai and add 1 tablespoon olive oil. Add chopped onion and garlic and mix well until the onion appears pinkish.
- Add cornflour and mix well. The onion should be coated with cornflour.
- Add ½ cup water and ½ cup milk and mix well.
- Add roasted cauliflower and let it simmer for 5 minutes.
- Switch off the gas. Using a hand blender, blend the roasted cauliflower and onion mixture in the kadai.
- Ensure that there are small pieces of cauliflower in the soup.
- Again place the kadai with soup on the gas.
- Add remaining ½ cup water and ½ cup milk and stir well. If needed add more water to get the thickness that you desire.
- Add pepper powder and salt to taste.
- Garnish with chopped parsley and Italian seasoning and serve hot.